Email notifications to topic replies...

• audiopharaoh62

audiopharaoh62

Registered

Hello ACA, I would like to propose adding the feature of notifying posters each time a reply has been made to their post and/or topic. That would be really great !

Thanks and keep up the great work on the beautiful website

1  22 Oct 2011  
  • Mikekan

Mikekan

ACA Member

I think this is on the roadmap! The site webmaster can definitely reply to you more accurately!

2  22 Oct 2011  
  • zoglair

zoglair

Webmaster

Yeap, it certainly is...

3  22 Oct 2011  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

Mikekan wrote:
    I think this is on the roadmap! The site webmaster can definitely reply to you more accurately!

That is exactly the case. It has to be done so that certain search engines, such as google do not see us as spammers. It will take time and a hell of a lot of effort for Nick to conquer the problems that a forum has to face.

But that is the webmasters story to tell you about mail which has no receivers and the consequences of this action.

4  24 Oct 2011  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

audiopharaoh62 wrote:
    Hello ACA, I would like to propose adding the feature of notifying posters each time a reply has been made to their post and/or topic. That would be really great !
    Thanks and keep up the great work on the beautiful website

I really see this as a positive rather than a negative. I agree with Audiopharaoh6.

Just like all the other forums in the world...it has a use. And it keeps up to date.

The world has changed, we don't have the time to be on the net all day, so when something happens in ACA I would like to know what has been written, then I can choose which I will see and not waste time going through different parts of the site.

I think it is a must, not to be taken lightly or dismissed because of personal choices.

That is not my humble opinion but what I have seen to be the rule of thumb. Of course each person will pick what he wants to get posted on to his email.

I know the contraindications of this, but it is nothing compared to the users losing topics and not receiving emails.

I lost the last meeting because THIS was not active. That means a lot to me. Not what our rating is in Google.

5  21 Jan 2012  
(C) ACA - All Rights Reserved