Diana Krall - Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=1161156n

Some videos for your pleasure.

1  18 Dec 2010  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

link

Each year many new albums of Christmas music are released. This year's releases range from one of the top female pop artists of all time to a former American Idol runner-up. These are the 10 most eagerly awaited new pop Christmas albums for 2010.

1. Mariah Carey - Merry Christmas II You

Courtesy Island Def Jam
    With 18 #1 hits, Mariah Carey is one of the most successful pop recording artists of all time. Her first Christmas collection, Merry Christmas, released in 1994, is one of the bestselling Christmas albums of all time. It has sold over five million copies and the song "All I Want For Christmas Is You" was the first holiday single to sell over one million digital copies. Merry Christmas II You includes the single "Oh Santa!"

In stores November 2, 2010.

. Susan Boyle - The Gift

Courtesy Syco
    Susan Boyle was THE pop phenomenon of 2009. Her first album I Dreamed a Dream became an international sensation and the second best selling album of 2009 in the US. This new holiday collection also includes a version of Lou Reed's song "Perfect Day."

In stores November 9, 2010.

3. Annie Lennox - A Christmas Cornucopia

Courtesy Decca
    Annie Lennox has had a phenomenally successful pop career as both vocalist for Eurythmics and as a solo artist. She says of her first holiday collection, "I've known these songs, these carols all my life, I've sung them since I was little. They're just in me. They're a huge part of my life. So it's not an arbitrary selection." The single "Universal Child" is being sold as a benefit for the Annie Lennox Foundation which has been established to help fight the impact of HIV/AIDS in Africa.

In stores November 16, 2010.

4. Various Artists - Now That's What I Call Christmas! 4

Courtesy Capitol
    The fourth holiday release from the venerable Now franchise features a brand new holiday recording from Rihanna titled "A Child Is Born." One disc features contemporary recordings by top pop artists while a second disc is filled with classic Christmas tracks by legendary pop artists.

In stores October 12, 2010.

5. Wilson Phillips - Christmas in Harmony

Courtesy Sony Masterworks
    It has been six years since the last studio album from the trio Wilson Phillips. This first holiday collection reunites them with producer Glen Ballard who worked on their first two albums which both were certified platinum.

Purchase / Download
    6. Katharine McPhee - Christmas Is the Time...(To Say I Love You)

Courtesy Verve Forecast
    Former American Idol runner-up Katharine McPhee turned in a more jazz-pop direction with her second solo album when she signed with the Verve Forecast label. This Christmas album continues in that vein. She says, "I know these songs so well. These are the songs I listened to growing up. Hopefully my versions will be unique but at the same time timeless; full and rich yet simple and intimate."

7. Indigo Girls - Holly Happy Days

Courtesy Vanguard
    Acclaimed folk rock duo the Indigo Girls have released 11 studio albums since the late 1980s. They reached the top 10 on the album chart in the mid 1990s with Swamp Ophelia and Shaming Of the Sun. This is their first holiday album.

8. Celtic Thunder - Celtic Thunder Christmas

Courtesy Celtic Thunder Limited
    Irish vocal group Celtic Thunder were named Billboard's Top World Music Artist for 2009. A new PBS television show with Celtic Thunder will air in December 2010 and include songs from this collection.

9. The Puppini Sisters - Christmas With the Puppini Sisters

Courtesy Verve
    The Puppini Sisters are a vocal trio who specialize in 1940s style harmonies. They are not in fact sisters but chose their name in tribute to the Andrews Sisters. Their first two albums have been top five jazz hits in the US.

In stores October 5, 2010.

10. Pink Martini - Joy To the World

Courtesy Heinz Records

**Pink Martini's music draws from an eclectic palette including influences from classical, jazz, and pop. Their most recent release Splendor In the Grass hit the top 50 on the Billboard album chart. This is their first Christmas album.
    In stores November 9, 2010.

2  18 Dec 2010  
(C) ACA - All Rights Reserved