Κορυφαίες Ηχογραφήσεις

• Mikekan

Mikekan

ACA Member

Ανοίγω αυτό το θέμα, για να βάλει ο καθένας τα album τα οποία θεωρεί πως έχουν κορυφαία ποιότητα ήχου.

Καλό θα ήταν να δίνονται και κάποιες επιπλέον πληροφορίες όπως τη δισκογραφική, χρονιά κυκλοφορίας, μέσο (cd-βινύλιο) etc.

1  21 Feb 2010  
  • Mikekan

Mikekan

ACA Member

Holly Cole - Temptation CD

Eξαιρετική ηχογράφηση αλλά και αρκετά καλό μουσικό περιεχόμενο συμπεριλαμβανομένου του γνωστού μας Temptation της εξαιρετικής καναδέζας.

2  22 Feb 2010  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

Πολυ καλη ιδεα.....βραβο....αλλα και να κανουμε και λιγο κριτικη στο αλμπουμ, οχι μονο φωτο, να εχουμε να βαζουμε στο μυσικ section

3  22 Feb 2010  
  • gherop

gherop

ACA Member

Καταπληκτικός ήχος. Το κάθε όργανο νομίζεις ότι είναι μέσα στο δωμάτιο.

Personnel: Kenny Wheeler (flugelhorn); Kenny Wheeler; Chris Potter (tenor saxophone); Dave Holland (double bass); John Taylor (piano).

Audio Mixer: Goffredo Gibellini.

"WHAT NOW? requires one's undivided attention. There are so many stops and starts, solos and melodic turns of phrase, to hear it otherwise is to miss the subtle beauty of Wheeler's compositions."
    JazzTimes (p.129) - "Wheeler's writing contains some graceful harmonic tricks that the band devours..."
    Label Sunny Side
    Orig Year 2005
    All Time Sales Rank 29160
    Catalog number 285005
    Discs 1
    Release Date Apr 26, 2005
    Studio/Live Live
    Mono/Stereo Stereo
    Engineer James Farber

4  22 Feb 2010  
  • Mikekan

Mikekan

ACA Member

Trouble wrote:
    Πολυ καλη ιδεα.....βραβο....αλλα και να κανουμε και λιγο κριτικη στο αλμπουμ, οχι μονο φωτο, να εχουμε να βαζουμε στο μυσικ section

Τony έχω ανοίξει άλλο θέμα για μουσικές προτάσεις, εκεί μπορεί να γίνεται και κάποιο review, εδώ ας ασχοληθούμε αποκλειστικά με καλές ηχογραφήσεις και κάποια λίγα σχόλια! :)

5  22 Feb 2010  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

ok Nikkan..kai afto pou les einai even better idea!!!

6  22 Feb 2010  
  • andreasecon

andreasecon

ACA Member

εγω απεργώ μέχρι να βάλει νέο avatar o Μιχαλης !!!!

7  22 Feb 2010  
  • Mikekan

Mikekan

ACA Member

χαχαχαχαχαχα! Έλιωσα!

8  23 Feb 2010  
  • Mikekan

Mikekan

ACA Member

Μια ηχογράφηση που δεν θα πιστεύεται πόσο καλά παίζει το σύστημά σας, βασικά δεν θα το έχετε ξανά ακούσει να παίζει έτσι!

Ben Webster - My Romance
    Hybrid SACD

Παρεμπιπτόντως έχει και πολύ καλό μουσικό περιεχόμενο!

Ακούστε το και δεν θα χάσετε...

9  1 Mar 2010  
  • Mikekan

Mikekan

ACA Member

Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio - What a Wonderful Trio! - First Impression Music DXD 24-bit 352.8K Mastering on 99.9999% silver (Red Book CD)

(Tsuyoshi Yamamoto, piano; Hiroshi Kagawa, bass; Toshio Osumi, drums)

This is the same piano trio that came to fame on several of the Japanese Three Blind Mice LPs and CDs and more recently on the F.I.M. disc they recorded titled “Autumn in Seattle.” F.I.M. recorded this session in Japan, using three different formats: 15ips 1/4-inch Studer open reel analog tape; ProTools 192K/24-bit digital; and the 352.8K/24-bit DXD mastering used for this bit-mapped Red Book CD release on a silver disc. There are plans to eventually release a vinyl LP made from the analog tape, and there are also two further-tweaked versions of this disc available: a Collector’s Edition UDC and a Direct-from-Master Edition UDM, both pressed on 24K gold.

It really is a wonderful trio, with good variety in the nine tracks and some virtuoso playing from Yamamoto. Four of the tracks are his originals; one of them - Obsession - starts off with a quote of the familiar Paganini theme heard in some Rachmaninoff works and many others. Some of the tracks, such as a Slow Blues and Autumn Leaves, run nearly ten minutes, allowing for leisurely development and improvisation. Yamamoto seems to favor the very highest reaches of the treble keyboard with great gusto, almost like an effort to show off the highly extended frequency response of this digital recording approach.

Though it is very clean and transparent, I found I was less impressed by the fidelity of this DXD release than I was by the latest enhancement of Jazz at the Pawnshop (just reviewed). I compared it to some stereo-only piano trios on both SACD and xrcd. I found the Ray Brown Trio’s Soular Energy on Groove Note to be very similar sonically (using the SACD layer, not the CD layer), although the Ray Bryant Trio on a JVC xrcd sounded more opaque and rolled off in the very highest treble. I was surprised to find that when I fed the F.I.M. signal thru my Benchmark DAC1 the result was actually slightly inferior to playing it straight from the analog output of my Oppo player. Perhaps down sampling the original 352.8K to 44.1K and then upsampling yet again to 110K didn’t agree with the signal. This disc retails for $35 in the basic DXD version.

TrackList: Another Holiday, Stardust, Happy Soccer Striker, Smoke Gets In Your Eyes, Autumn Leaves, Sunflower (solo), Slow Blues, Obsession, Dark Eyes.

- John Henry

Πηγή: link

ΕΚΠΛΗΚΤΙΚΟ!

10  1 Mar 2010  
  • Mikekan

Mikekan

ACA Member

Suzan Wong - These Foolish Things

11  1 Mar 2010  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

I hate her voice!

12  2 Mar 2010  

page 1/2 rows 12/16 first page  previous page  goto page...  next page  last page 
(C) ACA - All Rights Reserved