• Manos_Bits

Manos_Bits

Chairman Administrator

Playing...

13  6 Jan 2011  
  • Manos_Bits

Manos_Bits

Chairman Administrator

And we continue with the construction of the Speaker Cables of 1.8 meters long ...

Start again, dry with hot air, clean with clear cotton clothe, and cut the 7.2 meters of 2.0 mm wire in four(4) lengths of 1.8 meters...

Insert the conductors in the clear fat wall ptfe tubes, slightly bigger diameter from wire...

14  6 Jan 2011  
  • Manos_Bits

Manos_Bits

Chairman Administrator

Inserting the already insulated conductor in wider diameter color ptfe thin wall tube for a) more air b) polarity coding c) best appearance

ready... 2 red(+) and 2 white(-) cables...

15  6 Jan 2011  
  • Manos_Bits

Manos_Bits

Chairman Administrator

Loose twist 7 times, stick temporarily one end with paper tape...
    insert 3 pieces of 12 cm of oversized clear shrink teflon tube in the miedle of the wire and the two ends, for tighten and security...and pass the carbon barrels...

16  6 Jan 2011  
  • Manos_Bits

Manos_Bits

Chairman Administrator

Solder the one pair of ends to tellurium shielded copper plug with best quality paste and silver solder...
    and finally solder the other end...

It is quite difficult to solder 2.00 mm solid wire... it is a good idea to preheat with air gun the two elements you have to solder.. the jack and the wire end...

17  6 Jan 2011  
  • Manos_Bits

Manos_Bits

Chairman Administrator

Check with hands for soldering to be hard, check with eyes for well build, check with multimeter for electrical connections... and

READY to go...

18  6 Jan 2011  
  • Manos_Bits

Manos_Bits

Chairman Administrator

playing...

19  6 Jan 2011  
  • Manos_Bits

Manos_Bits

Chairman Administrator

As you can see, both interconnects and speaker cables are 'non shielded' constructions, as it is proven that in such lengths, shielding is completely useless...

And of course this is not my inspiration, as many top brands use similar unshielded design...

This also was proof, by inserting cables in my system and been completely silent...

20  7 Jan 2011  
  • Manos_Bits

Manos_Bits

Chairman Administrator

It's 4 years time passed since this effort started and this is the final revision of the pure silver cables..
    Pure silver has also been adopted for all terminations..
    I believe those cables will accompany my system for a long long time..

21  4 Feb 2015  
  • czagalik

czagalik

Registered

Hi, the cables look great !

I am having a difficulty in finding AWG12 "7Ν Ultra Pure Ohno Continuous Casting Uni-Crystal Silver Wire 2.00 mm". Can you please point me to the supplier ?

Regards,

Konstantinos

22  26 Mar 2016  
  • Manos_Bits

Manos_Bits

Chairman Administrator

hi Konstantinos..geia xara..
    it,s very hard to find those wires and they cost too much..
    I had ordered those wires directly from the plant in Taiwan where Neotech wires are made.. I paid a lot.. but those cables really woth..

regards.. Manos

23  26 Mar 2016  
  • czagalik

czagalik

Registered

Thank for the info Manos.

However, after an extensive searching on the subject, the only products that Neotech is producing in bulk form are the following :

NEOTECH WIRES

They are offered in Teflon insulation only and up to 24 AWG solid core. The rest like this are not UPOCC...

AWG12 2MM Solid Core UPOCC SILVER Audio BARE WIRE 900MM

Regards

Konstantinos

24  27 Mar 2016  

page 2/3 rows 12/25 first page  previous page  goto page...  next page  last page 
(C) ACA - All Rights Reserved