discussion about manos DIY cables...

• aurora

aurora

Registered

link

my dear friend manos
    you still have a long way to go considering the structure of wires
    wires to many people seems like something easy to create thats what i thought too in the begining
    feeling very proud for my first baby but it was only the start of the matter
    you ll learn by the time
    congratulations for your effort and your beautifull babies

1  11 Jan 2011  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

I am sure a comparison between your wires and manos's wires is about to happen I see!!!

I am curious to see which one is best!!!

Aurora, do not think Manos is a beginner in this wire market thing. He is good!!

2  11 Jan 2011  
  • Manos_Bits

Manos_Bits

Chairman Administrator

Trouble wrote:
    I am sure a comparison between your wires and manos's wires is about to happen I see!!!
    I am curious to see which one is best!!!
    Aurora, do not think Manos is a beginner in this wire market thing. He is good!!

I would also like some comparisons with top-level cables... maybe some people get surprised !!!

3  11 Jan 2011  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

Great, we did a DAC DIY comparison, why not a MEGA WIRE comparison...

Our first test on the DAC's was a success story, this will be even better....

I will arrange for professional musicians to tell us which they like better, not US!!!

4  12 Jan 2011  
  • Manos_Bits

Manos_Bits

Chairman Administrator

great... let' s arrange it... and do it...

5  12 Jan 2011  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

Just tell us when your wires are broken in.....and thats all. The rest Kyriako and I will set up.

6  12 Jan 2011  
  • Manos_Bits

Manos_Bits

Chairman Administrator

To be serious …

These cables can only be compared with Ultra High End Cables, no mention of how much they cost!!!

The parts used here are of no compromise, very costly, hard to find and have been chosen after much thinking and searching…

Also, the constructing method is the purest and the simplest… that is the best formula in High End… no magic, no snakes, no secrets… Everything visible, pure and clean… Like the music they play...

No High End company in the world use** 2.00 mm solid core** Ultra Pure Silver to build speaker cables… They usually use many thin (and cheap) strands to make their ʽanacondasʼ… And they usually wrap those cheap braids using secret formulas… Otherwise they cannot overprice them…

So… do not be fooled that these cables can be compared with everything…

When we schedule a compare session, just bring everything the finest, the purest and the most expensive… Bring nothing less than the best

7  12 Jan 2011  
  • Mikekan

Mikekan

ACA Member

All of them claim that it is a way to minimize skin effect, that is the thin conductors.

8  12 Jan 2011  
  • Manos_Bits

Manos_Bits

Chairman Administrator

Mikekan wrote:
    All of them claim that it is a way to minimize skin effect, that is the thin conductors.

Talking about audio, skin effect is a big myth... It simply does not exist in audio frequency range...

... Skin effect is a tendency for alternating current ( AC ) to flow mostly near the outer surface of a solid electrical conductor, such as metal wire, at frequencies above the audio range. The effect becomes more and more apparent as the frequency increases.

link

Skin depth values for some common good conductors at a frequency of 10 GHz (microwave region) are indicated below......

Conductor Skin depth (μm)

Aluminum 0.80
    Copper 0.65
    Gold 0.79
    Silver 0.64

link

Some so called "exotic" Cable Companies enjoy spreading the fallacy that Skin Effect can cause deleterious effects on your audio performance. While Skin Effect is a real world problem in high frequency applications such as RF Power and Transmission, it is negligible at audio frequencies as I will demonstrate in this article based on fundamental engineering and scientific principles.......

link

For the example chosen, at low frequencies the bulk resistance of the copper wire causes a power loss of around 0·008dB. At 10kHz the loss rises to 0·009dB if the internal impedance were absent, and 0·016dB with the internal impedance taken into account. At 25kHz these values rise to 0·012dB and 0·028dB respectively. Hence the change in relative signal level from near-d.c. to 25kHz, with internal effects taken into account is around 0·020dB. This is quite a small change so it is not obvious that it would be noticed in a practical audio system**...

http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/audio/skineffect/page2.html

9  12 Jan 2011  
  • Mikekan

Mikekan

ACA Member

None of the two links above quashes this, the one says negligible and the university says it is not obvious that it would be noticed in a practical audio system.

In both ways they leave strooooong possibility to be valid, mention that they cannot imagine how much revealing a high end system could be.

For me cable manufacturing is an art, and there are 2-3 companies MAX that can do it and thats about it.

10  13 Jan 2011  
  • Manos_Bits

Manos_Bits

Chairman Administrator

PLEASE WRITE ONLY IN ENGLISH IN THIS THREAD ...

THANKSSSS....

we can write in greek here... link

11  13 Jan 2011  
  • andreasecon

andreasecon

ACA Member

oooops another demigod in the Greek audio community.....

12  13 Jan 2011  

page 1/2 rows 12/20 first page  previous page  goto page...  next page  last page 
(C) ACA - All Rights Reserved