dazzdax

Registered

Have they left the forum?

Chris

1  22 Jan 2011  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

No, they were partying at Alex's house last night.

How you doing Dazz? Its me....Trouble

2  23 Jan 2011  
  • dazzdax

dazzdax

Registered

Tony, is that you? I'm fine thx, and how are you? Do you still listen to the B & W speakers (for the bass)? What happened the last time with the old site? Did it get hacked by some thugs or weren't you able to pay the server bill because of the economical crisis?
    Btw, who finally won last time's contest of "Who makes the most beautiful picture of his cartridge?" Did you?

Chris

3  23 Jan 2011  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

No, no more bass trouble speakers....I go for the Usher sound, with ie KT90 bulbs pushing them. And a Klimo Merlin Gold as a pre.

I decided that B&W are only for classical music and for people who love car music.

As for the other site, it was only until we get this site back...this is where I normally used to write, and im the admin here too.

So tell me dude, whats up? What have you done and been up to? Where are the rest of the boys gone to? I sure do miss the bastards!!!! eheheh

4  29 Jan 2011  
  • dazzdax

dazzdax

Registered

Yo Tony, I think Usher is a good choice. I have replaced some components in my system. I for example have Soundlab A-1's currently and JMF Audio amplifiers and D/A converter.

Chris

5  29 Jan 2011  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

Ηοw is the bass from the soundlab? That should be interesting...

6  30 Jan 2011  
  • dazzdax

dazzdax

Registered

The bass is to my ears correct. It doesn't have the punch or "wow" factor of moving coil bass (which is often too artificial). It sounds more "natural" to me. But if you like bass with lots of "punch" then Soundlabs are not for you.

Chris

7  30 Jan 2011  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

I will always like punches to the belly from slam bass. I get it very infrequently myself though. Now I am trying to find a ten grand amp selling for 1 grand for my Ushers....today I tested two old amps. The aleph Pass 3, 60 class A watts at 4 ohms. But its the first amp I have heard that has myopia. Astounding vocals but it blurs the instruments. Worst of all is its 5 hour warm up. After the first hour you can hear something good, but to get it really class A sound you need to turn them from yesterday.

The second amp was a 300 watt @4 Ohms Tsakiridis Hercules. AMAZING sound stage and good bass but on Cd it sounded digital. On LP it was great with the Dynavector Te kaitora on.

I am looking to find some nos ei kt90's if you know of any selling....Be well..

8  30 Jan 2011  
(C) ACA - All Rights Reserved