NEW Wilson Audio Sophia 3

• Miroslaw

Miroslaw

Registered

Wilson Audio is pleased to announce a mini website dedicated to the launch of its new loudspeaker, Sophia Series 3. The Sophia Series 3 is currently scheduled to ship June 1, 2009. Sophia's U.S. MSRP will be $16,700.00 - the same price as the outgoing model.

Over the next several weeks, Wilson will be releasing information and details about the Sophia Series 3 on this mini website. As our valued friend, we wanted to first debut the Sophia Series 3 mini website with you before we release it to the general public.

Here is the link: http://wilsonaudio.com/product_html/sophia_minisite_1.html

Same tweeter and midrange but bass is performed by one 25cm Scan speak woofer with minimum impedance at 3,5-4 Ohm so it's hope to listen them on tube amplifilters.

David Wilson

1  30 Apr 2010  
  • Mikekan

Mikekan

ACA Member

Nice!

Must be a killer speaker! I like very much the voicing of Wilson speakers. It just sounds right!

2  1 May 2010  
  • Miroslaw

Miroslaw

Registered

Wilson Audio Sophia 2 (white) with new sister Sophia 3 (grey), photos from Munich Hi-End 2010 (unfortunately not mine)

On this link I post earlier is movie with Dave Wilson who speaks about new Sophia.

3  8 May 2010  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

Great, we have many ACA members in Munich for the show. You can come see what we will have ready very soon...

4  9 May 2010  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

Where did the pictures go Miroslaw?

5  22 Nov 2010  
  • Miroslaw

Miroslaw

Registered

Those photos was linked from Polish forum that now have some minor technical problems. For now I can't find those photos, but Wilson Audio have subpage about Sophia 3:
    link

They also have YouTube chanel where you can watch history of WA and present events:
    link

But if you want photo, here is one made by Frantz Maurer from Warsaw Audio Show 6-7.11.2010.

System:
    Wilson Audio Sophia 3, Audio Research (DS450, Ref110, pre Reference 5), server MUSA with Audio Research DAC8 and dCS Scarlatti.
    Terrible, terrible damage for my ears. It plays bright, with fast, deep bass, very good dynamic but with almoust none midrange it was playing sounds not music - for me - but as always some people didn't like this some loved it. I prefer systems focused on midrange, with bass and high only as complement not main thing in sound.

6  22 Nov 2010  
  • brad000123

brad000123

Registered

While Sophia remains Wilson's most affordable floorstander, focusing on price obscures an important fact—which was that price was incidental to Sophia's actual design objective.

7  25 Apr 2011  
  • Mikekan

Mikekan

ACA Member

Welcome Brad! Have fun around!

8  25 Apr 2011  
  • Manos_Bits

Manos_Bits

Chairman Administrator

In my humble opinion, Wilson speakers are like Mercedes cars...

Their top models(Wilson Alexandria, Mercedes CL,S) are the best of the best, showing and declaring the way how 'things of no compromise' should be done...

Whilst their 'cheaper' models made for the 'masses' of audiophiles and car lovers, are of very conventional and compromised class...

I repeat again...IMHO...

9  25 Apr 2011  
(C) ACA - All Rights Reserved