Question to all ACA Members

• Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

Well, I totally agree with Manos on both accounts. If Maslow wants to be part of our club, great.

Equipment by far is the most important than the room. Although there are exeptions, like my old room or the area which my stereo is now.

I had a room with two motorcycles and 7 guitars in it....and much much more...so you can imagine how playing music was there!!!

13  27 Mar 2010  
  • Dewald V

Dewald V

Registered

Mirowslaw - Google "TOM HIDLEY DESIGN STUDIOS". Hidley designs recording studios. I am currently at one of the studios he designed. The control rooms (where the audio engineer works in) are closely designed with the main monitor speakers in mind. The results are breathtaking! Unfortunately it will be near impossible to employ such room treatment techniques in a home environment.

14  27 Mar 2010  
  • Miroslaw

Miroslaw

Registered

Yes Manos I agree. It's important to have a good amp, cd, TT, cables, speakers, electricity and other acesories improving sound.

But I think it's not right to ask: Audio equipment or room treatment.
    You put CD to CD Player then by cables it goes to DAC, then to pre then to monoblock then to speakers AND then it comes from you speaker to your ears. All of this contribute to the sound of which we hear. But this last section (acoustic) is often overlooked.

My experience in based on basic audio systems from 1.000 to 10.000 Euro. I'm visiting Audio Show and listen to hi-end but on shows it's all quickly plased, often in empty rooms, complete with orher audio that distributor sells so it's no synergy in those systems, and it does't play well. Maybe sometime I will came to you to listen hi-end systems that are perfectly well selected and hear what it's all about. For now I have to finish my studys, start my company and educate Polish audiopiles that acoustics is also important.

BTW: I konw that earning money by doing what I like will be very good, but I didn't think that it will be also funny. The biggest fun I have when someone that want's to try diffuser thinks that it will make small difference to what he hear, but when he listen to music with some acoustic panels/diffusers he makes big eyes and can't believe that it works and provides bigger improvement that he thinks it will :)

Unfortunately it will be near impossible to employ such room treatment techniques in a home environment.
    Why? Because only few wifes will accept that in home?
    15  27 Mar 2010  
  • Miroslaw

Miroslaw

Registered

I see that you have problems with my name.
    Maslow was a great psychologist from New York. My name is Miroslaw, like Miroslaw Vitous from Weather Report. ;)

16  27 Mar 2010  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

As a matter of fact I know Maslow very well. I studied him in depth while studying to become a Psychologyst myself.

I am not joking....

17  27 Mar 2010  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

Why? Because only few wifes will accept that in home?[/QUOTE]

And that is the real reason!! No amount of money can buy off a wifes living room!!!

WAF is a reality

18  8 Dec 2010  
  • Miroslaw

Miroslaw

Registered

So change house to bigger with room only for listenings or change w..... ]:->

19  8 Dec 2010  
  • Toptubes

Toptubes

ACA Member

Or change wife with a new one, that is better and cost less money...

20  8 Dec 2010  

page 2/2 rows 12/20 first page  previous page  goto page...  next page  last page 
(C) ACA - All Rights Reserved