Question to all ACA Members

• Miroslaw

Miroslaw

Registered

Few words about me:
    Hi, my name is Miroslaw Andrejuk. I'm 24 years old. My "addiction" to get the best sound started about 6 years ago. Now I'm finishing 3rd year of study IT & Economy. I'm an audiophile, and it's very good when you like and enjoy working. So I'm starting my own one person business making acoustic treatment of listening rooms.

I have seen movie "Greek Audiophile" on youtube. Find new-aca site, look for photos of stereo systems, and I thinked about it all. [INDENT]You are buying amplifilters that are state of the art, that produce a signal with no more than 0,01 total harmonic distortion, have special electricity line, place the amplifilters on special racks. Then you put this amplifilter together with speakers and other fine performing electronics into a room that delivers a bass boost of dozen dB, have a huge ups and downs in all frequency response. The reverbation time is very long, and all due to room interaction. [/INDENT]

Why you put so fantastic systems in salon with no, or small acoustic treatment?

I'm asking because I hope that yours answers will help me reach and inform audiophiles how important is acoustic and then I make that their systems will perform better sound.

1  14 Mar 2010  
  • Manos_Bits

Manos_Bits

Chairman Administrator

Welcome…
    We really appreciate your presence and your thoughts…
    Everyone who loves music hifi machines and hifi sound is welcome here…

A few first answers…
    We are city people…It is quite difficult for most of us to have a dedicated listening room…
    Despite of this many members have done quite serious work in room treatment and have improved acoustics…And we always try… (I am of the lucky ones having dedicated listening room)…

There is and some other point…
    When you like a Porsche you do not consider if there is a race track beside you… You go and buy it and you ride it in the city roads…

We are happy to see you around and discuss more things… Why not posting some articles about room acoustics?

Welcome again

2  15 Mar 2010  
  • Mikekan

Mikekan

ACA Member

Hi Miroslaw!

I am 100% sure that ACA members know very well the important of room acoustics. They are as important as the equipment, if not more.

Many of us have employed room acoustics solutions, some are visible - some hide in the decor of the room. But remember that we are also normal human beings, with families, with normal lives (I want to believe so....lol) so we have to live at an acceptable environment that our family should approve...;)

So it is not always possible to perform room treatments, except if you have a dedicated listening room. ;)

Bottom line is that you are right, a room with good acoustics will get the most out of your system!

Good topic!

3  15 Mar 2010  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

I have had room treatment for many years. Using software and hardware to make it the best I could. But, sometimes, its just not enough. Some rooms are so bad, as mine was that it was impossible to make it perfect.

Today, I am luckier, with a bigger room, but there is nothing that resembles my old room..so again from the start..But to tell you the truth,if your products are not small and beautiful, then its impossible for you to compete with what exists today. I have tried many types of materials and tricks of the trade, only to find that good Taffeta curtains were cheaper and better than the RpG's, which cost more.

So good luck in your work. It seems impossibe to imagine you can find a solution for all without thinking outside the box and not use any materials....at all to do what you want..

4  15 Mar 2010  
  • Miroslaw

Miroslaw

Registered

Thank you for answers.

Manos_Bits wrote:
    There is and some other point…
    When you like a Porsche you do not consider if there is a race track beside you… You go and buy it and you ride it in the city roads…
    We are happy to see you around and discuss more things… Why not posting some articles about room acoustics?
    [/QUOTE]
    Yes, but you don't buy Porshe wihout having a garage, because on next day it will be gone.
    I will link some good articles about acoustic.
    [QUOTE post="717" user="3"]..so again from the start..But to tell you the truth,if your products are not small and beautiful, then its impossible for you to compete with what exists today. I have tried many types of materials and tricks of the trade, only to find that good Taffeta curtains were cheaper and better than the RpG's, which cost more.
    So good luck in your work. It seems impossibe to imagine you can find a solution for all without thinking outside the box and not use any materials....at all to do what you want..

I realize that acoustic panels, diffusers etc. should not only help to get better acoustic, but also have to have big WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor), because only a few % of us have their own listening rooms.

5  15 Mar 2010  
  • themiloc

themiloc

Registered

It 's not an ad it 's an advice.
    With a Room analyzer you can know exactly what happens acoustically in your room and what you really listen.
    Unless you do not want to know and not to be disturbed. It is only 190 euro.

link

6  16 Mar 2010  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

Miroslaw wrote:
    Thank you for answers.
    Yes, but you don't buy Porshe wihout having a garage, because on next day it will be gone.
    I will link some good articles about acoustic.
    I realize that acoustic panels, diffusers etc. should not only help to get better acoustic, but also have to have big WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor), because only a few % of us have their own listening rooms.

I have had automibiles even more expensive than a Porsche, and I never used a garage...although I drive an Alfa Romeo now...and I THINK I NEED A GARAGE....even though its cheaper...

What I am saying is two things.

Concerts don't use Rpg's
    If our machines are so good why do we need so much room treatment?

Are we creating needs because we are picking the wrong machines for our homes?

I know the answers, but I am just making a point...We do not need ugly rooms but smarter equipment to analyse our rooms. Real room correction and not just samples of it.

Just last night I gave my speakers to my friend where they played horribly in my room, play VERY well in his!! And his speakers cost 25 times the money mine do!!! And secondly, he has an amp that played my speakers that costs 120.000 USD!!

Life in our high end world is crazy!!

P.S...I use room treatment with rpg's...I am just playing the devils advocate

7  16 Mar 2010  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

I have used the xtz extensively, but found it week other than bass adjustment.

But for rooms with open air woofers or subs it is a real deal.

8  16 Mar 2010  
  • AlexD

AlexD

ACA Member Moderator

Dear friend.I would like to inform you that i do not speak the English language well.So if you do not understand something ask me...

Room threatment is very important.Lot of people believe that room is 50% of the sound.I also believe that it is the most important think that someone has to care about.

It is easy for somebody to take care of that.There are lot of books specially in acoustics that describe the method that someone has to follow to have the best result.It is also very easy for someone like the video speakers to pay for a room and do it looks like deutsche gram. studios.
    Lot of ACA members have room treatment. You can search here
    link
    to find these systems and in the near future lot of other systems will be add in.

BUT
    There is always a problem.
    We are not master engineers or someone who works in Abbey road studios.Never the less we are not professionals or representatives in hi-fi.We are humans and we love to listen to music.We have our systems in our living rooms.Living room is the place that someone has to live with his family.It is not a studio.It is not possible to have two speakers in the middle of it and jump around to go from kitchen to the rooms.We just have a good stereo system in the living room.

BUT
    It is easy for you to see that lot of people invented indresting ways of do room treatment in their living room.You wiil find that Mike has some teddy bears in room corners.Also there are always curtains everywhere in the room.
    You will not have the best possible result but you will be near that.
    There are also lot of other methods like digital equalizer that someone can do room treatment.

ALSO

Companies know that.Have you notice that one company has lot of speaker sizes?The base for that is that you have to choose the right room for each one.
    One other thing that companies do is voicing.In speaker voicing they put speaker in one room and they try to have the best sound.Believe me...companies know that we do not have an anechoic room...

9  16 Mar 2010  
  • Miroslaw

Miroslaw

Registered

AlexD wrote:
    Dear friend.I would like to inform you that i do not speak the English language well.So if you do not understand something ask me...[/QUOTE]
    I understand all :)
    [QUOTE post="745" user="4"]Lot of ACA members have room treatment. You can search here
    link
    to find these systems and in the near future lot of other systems will be add in.[/QUOTE]
    Now I'm looking at photos in Club Meetings.
    [QUOTE post="745" user="4"]
    BUT
    There is always a problem.
    We are not master engineers or someone who works in Abbey road studios.Never the less we are not professionals or representatives in hi-fi.We are humans and we love to listen to music.We have our systems in our living rooms.Living room is the place that someone has to live with his family.It is not a studio.It is not possible to have two speakers in the middle of it and jump around to go from kitchen to the rooms.We just have a good stereo system in the living room.
    BUT
    It is easy for you to see that lot of people invented indresting ways of do room treatment in their living room.You wiil find that Mike has some teddy bears in room corners.Also there are always curtains everywhere in the room.
    You will not have the best possible result but you will be near that.
    There are also lot of other methods like digital equalizer that someone can do room treatment.[/QUOTE]
    Is it better to buy expensive loudspeakers or amp than acoustically adopt separate room?
    For me tha answer is obvious, because:
    In separate room you can have acoustic panels, diffusers, etc. and don't care about if your wife will like them or not.
    Also it's separate room, so the background noise is quieter and you will have wider dynamic range, example:
    if you have speakers that can produce 88dB at 1 Wat in distance of 1 meter, then sitting 2 meters from speakers you will have 85dB. Getting more powerfull amp will give:
    1Wat - 85dB, 2Wats - 88dB, 4Wats - 91dB, 8Wats - 94dB, 16Wats - 97dB, 32dB - 100dB, 64Wats - 103dB, 128Wats - 106dB,
    250Wats - 109dB and 500Wats per channel will give you 112dB
    BUT having background noice of 40dB you only hear wat is louder so 112dB - 40dB = 72dB />In separate room the background noice can be much reduced. Having 500W amp you will have 92dB of dynamic range and that is much better. This specially goes to those who like to listen to symphonic orchestra, because it's maximum reaches 130dB
    That's only two advantages of separate listening rooms.
    Maybe some day I will visit Athens and we could meet.
    [QUOTE post="745" user="4"]ALSO
    Companies know that.Have you notice that one company has lot of speaker sizes?The base for that is that you have to choose the right room for each one.
    One other thing that companies do is voicing.In speaker voicing they put speaker in one room and they try to have the best sound.Believe me...companies know that we do not have an anechoic room...

Yes I know that.

Article explaning basics of acoustic in Project Studios, but acoustic is same in listening rooms.
    http://occelot.webpark.pl/ps_acd.pdf
    If you didn't understand something in this article please feel free to ask me.

10  26 Mar 2010  
  • Mikekan

Mikekan

ACA Member

Miroslaw you are definetely welcome here, maybe you can attend one of our meetings and see what it is all about! :)

11  27 Mar 2010  
  • Manos_Bits

Manos_Bits

Chairman Administrator

In hiend(many people hate this term but i do like and i use it) all the factors are very very important...
    Spikes, racks, room treatment, placing, machines...all have their influence...
    But, In my opinion, equipment is the most important point, because sound comes via them...
    Room is also a very important point, but, what really can do a perfect treated and tuned room if hosting bad sounding machines???

Miroslaw...you' re welcome to join us, our meetings and why not sometime be a member of ACA...
    (We have other members from far, we shall add them ASAP in our site.........)

12  27 Mar 2010  

page 1/2 rows 12/20 first page  previous page  goto page...  next page  last page 
(C) ACA - All Rights Reserved