Complete schematic wanted for Rafdord Stereo 12+12 (Sta 12) tube amplifier

• Dewald V

Dewald V

Registered

A friend of mine is looking for a complete schematic wanted for Rafdord Stereo 12+12 (Sta 12) tube amplifier. He obtained such a unit but the mains transformer seems to be dead. The only schemes that are readily available on the net doesnt have the PSU section included.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

1  5 Mar 2010  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

R u sure ebay doesnt have it?

2  5 Mar 2010  
  • Dewald V

Dewald V

Registered

I dont like e-Bay. People selling copies of manuals and schematics at outrageous prices! Plus shipping to South Africa is usually an issue. A computer-based format schematic would be great.

3  5 Mar 2010  
  • Mikekan

Mikekan

ACA Member

You are right Dew, I also try to avoid it as much as possible!

4  5 Mar 2010  
  • Manos_Bits

Manos_Bits

Chairman Administrator

Nobody force somebody to buy on ebay...

You look at it...you like it...you watch it...you buy it...

Just obey some easy rules

1) Search to see if the price of the item is reasonable
    2) Never buy from seller with less than 99,5 feedback
    4) look at the feedback to see if it is fake(many 0.99 items obviously bought by the seller shows probably fake feedback)
    5) Do not buy expensive items from other places of your continent to avoid delays and customs fees
    6) Always pay with paypal. Your purchases are 100% money back guaranteed

5  5 Mar 2010  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

Το me ebay is the best place to find what you want. And Manos is 100% correct. At least you can see if what you wants exists there and whats its real cost.

6  7 Mar 2010  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

As this example

link

7  7 Mar 2010  
  • Dewald V

Dewald V

Registered

That is a good example but not the correct model. Radford made some pretty nice tube power amplifiers.

8  7 Mar 2010  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

I do not think I have heard one, and from the looks of it, I won't be since they are extinct....

I just bought some Telefunken 6922's from the tube museum in N.Y and I cannot wait to put them in my pre today. NOS just rules.....but I do love the frozen wizard bulbs also, especially with Mullard bulbs and with proper Cryogenisis done.

Do you have anything to say about these bulbs Dew?

9  8 Mar 2010  
  • Dewald V

Dewald V

Registered

Well Tony - keep your eyes peeled for a Radford (like the one on e-Bay) and buy it. Have it restored or do it yourself and enjoy a piece of history!

NOS tubes are sweet. I run NOS Mullard ECC83 tubes in my E.A.R. 834 phonostage and they sound much smoother than the stock tubes.

I dont have an opinion on the cryo tubes just yet. First have to listen to some. On the other hadn there is some very nice NEW tubes on the market like Electro-Harmonix.

10  8 Mar 2010  
  • apokon

apokon

ACA Member

Trouble wrote:
    ....I just bought some Telefunken 6922's from the tube museum in N.Y and I cannot wait to put them in my pre today. NOS just rules.....but I do love the frozen wizard bulbs also, especially with Mullard bulbs and with proper Cryogenisis done....
    I put two Telefunken 6922's in the place of Mullards in my Magnum 100T tuner. The sound is much better.!!
    11  9 Mar 2010  
(C) ACA - All Rights Reserved