Mcintosh MEN220 Room Correction System

• vet

vet

Registered

The best way to deal with room nodes is to use bass traps. As many as you can in every corner.
    "reverb effect" I think you mean the rt60. Measure it in various frequencies and use the appropriate panel.
    man lingdorf tact and every room correction system must be the last tool for room modes correction.
    The dual subs are a nice way to deal with frequency deeps but the best way is not to "fill" the deeps but to "cut" the top of the hills!
    With dual subs I think you need a pro guy to measure and set both of them.
    I think with such a nice system it worth to pay a pro to measure and give you some advice.
    thanks for sharing,
    Nikos

13  23 Dec 2011  
  • Mlfan2011

Mlfan2011

Registered

vet wrote:
    The best way to deal with room nodes is to use bass traps. As many as you can in every corner.
    "reverb effect" I think you mean the rt60. Measure it in various frequencies and use the appropriate panel.
    man lingdorf tact and every room correction system must be the last tool for room modes correction.
    The dual subs are a nice way to deal with frequency deeps but the best way is not to "fill" the deeps but to "cut" the top of the hills!
    With dual subs I think you need a pro guy to measure and set both of them.
    I think with such a nice system it worth to pay a pro to measure and give you some advice.
    thanks for sharing,
    Nikos

Great advice, Nikos..That's what I want: "cut the top of the hill". Let's have some fun this holiday week with the XTZ and finalize with the men220, let see what comes out to be the dramatic changed.

I would love to hire a pro for this job, but I would also like to do myself so as to more undertanding what have done from the beginning. Bottom line, to optimize my system for the best sound they can reproduce based on the current room condition. I never be satisfy and compromised till it is right to my taste.

14  23 Dec 2011  
  • vet

vet

Registered

I think you will have great fun playing with these toys...
    I have seen your system in MLO forum, great site to ask questions about MLs.

15  23 Dec 2011  
  • Mlfan2011

Mlfan2011

Registered

vet wrote:
    I think you will have great fun playing with these toys...
    I have seen your system in MLO forum, great site to ask questions about MLs.

Yes, got lot of helps from there, the MLO is exclusively for those who own Electrostat speakers.

16  23 Dec 2011  
  • Mlfan2011

Mlfan2011

Registered

After the X'mas holiday, I still have not completed the men220 setup(even with it sat on rack)due to friends and family's visiting during the holiday weekend. But should be done by end of year.

I have been thinking how much sonic improvement in the room this machine would ever bring me once setup properly. Since my current system setting has been impressed me with wonderful sound image. I play most time with a Sonos system and MS750 music server through digital out to the Mcintosh MDA1000 DAC. Exceptional channel separation and overall as close to analogue as what I can think of. I just hope this men220 would ever change my music listening experience after all.

Patrick

17  28 Dec 2011  
  • Mlfan2011

Mlfan2011

Registered

Hi, guys.. Happy new year and happy listening.

Over the holiday week, I have the half way done (not fully) on my setup with the men220. Each component in my system works the way they should be and brought out the best sound quality and field effects as I expected.

At one time this has been gone through a not-so-easy setup and lot of tweaks involved. Hoping to get the best integration between the two subs and the main before going through a major men220 setup. With help of the XTZ room analyzer and preset the hi / low pass frequency crossover on the men220. The overall sound field really get a huge improvement even without the men220 auto set filter added to the signal pass. I then went through an auto test by the men220 itself. after done 6 position tests in the room, finally reach to a room acknowledge 99% ( Mac suggests min 90% ) for best optimal effect at focal1. What I first heard was a better depth of field and wider sound image from left to right. better pinpointing placement of musical instruments. just as good as we can get in serious real live listening. I am impressed.

I will go through few more tests just to make sure it eventually will come to my satisfacory. So far I have the right setting out of it. worth the money. in my opinion, it could be a save from spending too much for cabling or room treatments in the future. this is also its main selling point for the men220.

18  12 Jan 2012  
  • Mikekan

Mikekan

ACA Member

Happy New Year Patrick!

You are Definetely on the right track with these experiments you make!

Please keep us posted! and don't forget we wait for your system presentation!

happy listening my friend!

mike

19  17 Jan 2012  

page 2/2 rows 12/19 first page  previous page  goto page...  next page  last page 
(C) ACA - All Rights Reserved