Hail Voigt! (#4)

• Dewald V

Dewald V

Registered

Manos_Bits wrote:
    Try pure green... It is the color of the GREATEST EVER football club in Greece...
    P A N A T H I N A I K O S
    http://www.pao.gr/
    (my friend Mike also would like GREEN color too much)

I may assure you that my red color on the speakers has nothing to do with Man United or Arsenal... ha-ha-ha!

37  2 Jul 2010  
  • Mikekan

Mikekan

ACA Member

Red kicks ass, don't listen to him Dew - he should have supported Olympiakos - the biggest team in Greece, he wouldn't have many of the problems he is facing right now!

Why dont you try a wood finish? It would look more natural!

38  2 Jul 2010  
  • Dewald V

Dewald V

Registered

Mikekan wrote:
    Why dont you try a wood finish? It would look more natural!

Wood veneer is currently out of reach for me. It is so difficult to get parts in my part of the country... I cant even get decent binding posts locally!

39  2 Jul 2010  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

You need to move then Dewster....your country isnt big enuf for you dude...

40  2 Jul 2010  
  • Dewald V

Dewald V

Registered

Aluminum flanges made for the drivers.

41  3 Jul 2010  
  • Dewald V

Dewald V

Registered

I worked on the aluminum flanges. Came up with the idea to run the edge by the half-round router bit. Made a wooden support block which I edged with the straight router bit to get it the same size as the flange. Then I passed the flange by the half-round bit. This made the worlds difference in appearance. Finished them with the orbital sander, ready for paint.

42  3 Jul 2010  
  • Dewald V

Dewald V

Registered

Guess what.... nearly completed!

BTW - Thats my dad who is enthusiastically supporting the project!

43  16 Jul 2010  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

I love your dad's socks Dew. But what I like even more is your work!!!!!!!!!

Get it rocking and when you run them in, send them to Greece for us to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!

44  16 Jul 2010  
  • Dewald V

Dewald V

Registered

Trouble wrote:
    I love your dad's socks Dew. But what I like even more is your work!!!!!!!!!
    Get it rocking and when you run them in, send them to Greece for us to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol! Lets say my dad lacks a sense of style... he-he!

Thank you, thank you!

I still think you should get cracking on constructing your own set. Just think how exciting it can be!

45  16 Jul 2010  
  • protos

protos

ACA Member

another option would be to give the alu a high gloss natural polish as i have seen it done in certain metal polishing shops.....mirror finish!

46  18 Jul 2010  
  • Dewald V

Dewald V

Registered

protos wrote:
    another option would be to give the alu a high gloss natural polish as i have seen it done in certain metal polishing shops.....mirror finish!

That would have looked great but its too late now. The alu parts are already painted in high gloss black.

47  18 Jul 2010  
  • Dewald V

Dewald V

Registered

Terminal plates installed

Driver flanges fitted

X-over components prepped

48  28 Jul 2010  

page 4/7 rows 12/84 first page  previous page  goto page...  next page  last page 
(C) ACA - All Rights Reserved