Hail Voigt! (#3)

• protos

protos

ACA Member

Looks like an easy diy project.Probably easy on the pocket too.Although I wonder about the bass and max dbl.What is the efficiency?
    I guess Dew you are taking advantage of your friend.He is probably out in the stadium watching football and you are diying

25  30 Jun 2010  
  • Dewald V

Dewald V

Registered

protos wrote:
    Looks like an easy diy project.Probably easy on the pocket too.Although I wonder about the bass and max dbl.What is the efficiency?
    I guess Dew you are taking advantage of your friend.He is probably out in the stadium watching football and you are diying

He-he!! I dont think he is a football fan.

Bass is pretty impressive for a 4" driver and they are very sensitive. I am unfortunately unable to measure the specs.

26  30 Jun 2010  
  • protos

protos

ACA Member

I think they are 86 db according to the site.However I think the problem is the max rating at 30W.According to my calculations they could not go more than 98 db flat out.Now that would probably not sound very nice as I am sure the distortion will be quite high especially as they have to go low as well.I have not heard them so it is all a bit theoretical but I guess in a small room playing at around 90-92 db they should sound pretty good but that is a medium listening level.More than that would be a problem I should think.

27  30 Jun 2010  
  • Dewald V

Dewald V

Registered

protos wrote:
    I think they are 86 db according to the site.However I think the problem is the max rating at 30W.According to my calculations they could not go more than 98 db flat out.Now that would probably not sound very nice as I am sure the distortion will be quite high especially as they have to go low as well.I have not heard them so it is all a bit theoretical but I guess in a small room playing at around 90-92 db they should sound pretty good but that is a medium listening level.More than that would be a problem I should think.

Well Protos

I have been listening to them for a few hours now and they most definitely have potential. They will never be power-towers but they do sound very musical and can plat at room-filling levels without a problem.

28  30 Jun 2010  
  • Manos_Bits

Manos_Bits

Chairman Administrator

Are they stable?? I mean why that tall ??? Is it the hight works somehow in sound??
    It seems to me if you leave the window open and a light wind blows...they fall down...

29  30 Jun 2010  
  • Dewald V

Dewald V

Registered

Manos_Bits wrote:
    Are they stable?? I mean why that tall ??? Is it the hight works somehow in sound??
    It seems to me if you leave the window open and a light wind blows...they fall down...

They will be very stable when they are bolted to the plinths. They are in total 2014mm high. And fairly stable...

30  30 Jun 2010  
  • Manos_Bits

Manos_Bits

Chairman Administrator

It would be nice idea to fill additionally the bottoms with lead spheres...

31  30 Jun 2010  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

Or an ex-girlfriend!!!

32  30 Jun 2010  
  • Mikekan

Mikekan

ACA Member

Trouble wrote:
    Or an ex-girlfriend!!!
    -wife

33  30 Jun 2010  
  • Dewald V

Dewald V

Registered

Manos_Bits wrote:
    It would be nice idea to fill additionally the bottoms with lead spheres...

Good idea but not necessary. The plinths are by nature very heavy.

I am loving the sound I am getting from them!

34  1 Jul 2010  
  • Dewald V

Dewald V

Registered

Trying to visualize the final product... color selected is Ferrari Scaglietti Red

35  1 Jul 2010  
  • Manos_Bits

Manos_Bits

Chairman Administrator

Try pure green... It is the color of the GREATEST EVER football club in Greece...

P A N A T H I N A I K O S

http://www.pao.gr/

(my friend Mike also would like GREEN color too much)

36  2 Jul 2010  

page 3/7 rows 12/84 first page  previous page  goto page...  next page  last page 
(C) ACA - All Rights Reserved