Hail Voigt!

• Dewald V

Dewald V

Registered

After an inspiring visit to Phi Audio I decided I wanna try my hand at a set of Voigt Pipes. Jacques from Phi Audio was kind enough to assist with the design after I decided what drivers I wanted to use.

**Driver compliment:**
    100mm Visaton full-range drivers
    10mm Visaton Polycarb tweeters (I decided to add the tweeters to add sparkle to the speakers repertoire)

16mm MDF was chosen

Panels was cut at a local supply store

I assembled the cabinets at a good friend of mine, who has a workshop equipped with every thinkable tool for the job at hand.

Here's some pics of the build up to now. I am still awaiting the arrival of the drivers.

Here's some pics of the build up to now. I am still awaiting the arrival of the drivers.

Sizing up side panels

Fitting baffle

1.8 m tall

Sanding edges

1  27 Jun 2010  
  • Dewald V

Dewald V

Registered

Both cabs assembled

Filling up all the brad holes

Cutting holes for the drivers

Done for now... next up fitting drivers, testing, painting and the enjoying...!

2  27 Jun 2010  
  • Dewald V

Dewald V

Registered

link

3  27 Jun 2010  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

Amazing pics Dew....Keep us informed...

4  27 Jun 2010  
  • Mikekan

Mikekan

ACA Member

WOW, dude you have left me speechless!

Real craftmanship!

Inspired by this I suppose:

5  27 Jun 2010  
  • Dewald V

Dewald V

Registered

Thank you guys!

They are going to be painted with automotive enamel in cherry red with the plinths in black...

6  27 Jun 2010  
  • Dewald V

Dewald V

Registered

Mikekan wrote:
    WOW, dude you have left me speechless!
    Inspired by this I suppose:

In a way yes... more inspiration from here: link

7  27 Jun 2010  
  • AlexD

AlexD

ACA Member Moderator

This is really a very good speaker!!!!are you going to put a fostex speaker inside?

8  27 Jun 2010  
  • Dewald V

Dewald V

Registered

AlexD wrote:
    This is really a very good speaker!!!!are you going to put a fostex speaker inside?

I am using German Visaton full-range drivers - 4" with a .4" tweeter to add some shimmer to the treble.

9  28 Jun 2010  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

I remember listening to the exact speaker at a high end show here in Athens. The woofer had banana peel material amongst other things. They sounded like heaven with bass on tap!!

The bass comes from the distance it travels before releasing at the bottom of the speaker. The cost of the speaker 4-5 years ago was 1600 euros, 2100 retail. I almost bought a pair, but didn't because they were too fragile for the db's I listen to.

The company produces a larger heavier model encrypted with bass passages that go beyond physics.

10  28 Jun 2010  
  • Dewald V

Dewald V

Registered

Trouble wrote:
    I remember listening to the exact speaker at a high end show here in Athens. The woofer had banana peel material amongst other things. They sounded like heaven with bass on tap!!
    The bass comes from the distance it travels before releasing at the bottom of the speaker. The cost of the speaker 4-5 years ago was 1600 euros, 2100 retail. I almost bought a pair, but didn't because they were too fragile for the db's I listen to.
    The company produces a larger heavier model encrypted with bass passages that go beyond physics.

They probably used these drivers by Fostex: link

11  28 Jun 2010  
  • Trouble

Trouble

ACA Member

YES that is it.

I cannot for reasons beyond me, remember the name of the speaker....but I will NEVER forget its sound.

12  28 Jun 2010  

page 1/7 rows 12/84 first page  previous page  goto page...  next page  last page 
(C) ACA - All Rights Reserved