Micro Seiki RX 1500 - RW-1500 Plinth Stabilizer

• Lothar

Lothar

Registered

Hello ACA members and MICRO fans!
    Special greetings to Kyriakos!

After 25 years of trouble-free use I want to tune up my MICRO. God knows why!
    Months ago I read about this mysterious RW-1500 plinth stabilizer. As far as I know, the original was built only for use with the 10 kg bronze platter, to stabilize the plinth and change the resonance frequency. Some MICRO fans use the 8 kg stabilizer with the 2,8 kg aluminum platter. Dirk from micro-seiki.nl explained: "The main purpose of this additional weight that must be added to the Micro Seiki RX-1500 turntable is to keep the same resonance frequency of the plinth, when the motor is separated from it." But for this purpose, from my point of view, I have to take a 5 kg weight, because that is the weight of the original RY-1500-motor. What do you think about this theory?

1  12 Feb 2012  
  • Mikekan

Mikekan

ACA Member

i am not an expert in turntables, just wanted to say a warm WELCOME!

2  12 Feb 2012  
  • Lothar

Lothar

Registered

Mikekan wrote:
    i am not an expert in turntables, just wanted to say a warm WELCOME!
    Hi Mikekan, thank you for your welcome! And many greetings from germany.
    3  12 Feb 2012  
  • Manos_Bits

Manos_Bits

Chairman Administrator

Hi and welcome...

Are there some pictures from Micro Seiki and setup???

Manos...

4  12 Feb 2012  
  • jadis_boy

jadis_boy

ACA Member

the member toptube is expert for Micro
    please ask to him

5  13 Feb 2012  
  • Lothar

Lothar

Registered

Manos_Bits wrote:
    Hi and welcome...
    Are there some pictures from Micro Seiki and setup???
    Manos...

Hi Manos, thank you for your welcome!
    My MICRO is rather unspectacular appointed:
    Micro Seiki RX /RY 1500, self-made motor stand (9 kg sandwich construction), special aluminum feet, felt mat, SME 3009 II improved, audio-technica AT150MLX, sommer cable. That’s all. Low cost - High End. Pictures presently.

6  13 Feb 2012  
  • Lothar

Lothar

Registered

jadis_boy wrote:
    the member toptube is expert for Micro
    please ask to him

Thank you for your hint. I contacted toptube. So we will see what he will say.

7  13 Feb 2012  
  • Manos_Bits

Manos_Bits

Chairman Administrator

DIY turntable !!! yeaaa...

I have made one too... (I can see that you have read about this...)

It plays wonderful... (unfortunately you cannot see the video because SME records have blocked this video in Germany...)

8  13 Feb 2012  
  • Toptubes

Toptubes

ACA Member

Hi Lothar and welcome to our forum again.
    What Dirk told you is right. I have a Micro RX 1500 with the vacum option and I made a copy of the RW-1500 plinth stabilizer since the original is hard to find and if you do the price is more than $1000.

I actually found the dimentions of the original and I made one out of soft iron.

9  13 Feb 2012  
  • Toptubes

Toptubes

ACA Member

If you need to make a RW-1500 dead weight then here are the dimensions:

Overall diameter : 255mm
    Center opening diameter : 77mm
    Thickness : 19mm
    Axial fixing holes : first 2.2cm second 5cm (measurements from the edge of the central hole of the two serial holes for the fixing bolts)

Actually there are 8 fixing holes in total but the rest of the serial holes are 90˚appart from the given measurements (if you see the picture of the part then you get the idea)

Use soft iron is the best sounding metal I used. I mede one out of bronze and one out of steel but the soft iron was the best by far.
    The original one is made from cast iron.

For any more questions I’m available any time.
    Best regards
    Kyriakos

10  13 Feb 2012  
  • Toptubes

Toptubes

ACA Member

11  13 Feb 2012  
  • Lothar

Lothar

Registered

Toptubes wrote:

Hi Kyriakos,
    nice to meet you here! You wrote that you had used the original dimensions and the original weight of the so called stabilizer. Therefore I ask Nicole Abbassi from the German my-micro.de site. She told me that the spring system of the original feet from the 1500D series is not designed to bear such weight. The 1500G Version had a much stronger spring system. So she reasoned that the 8kg additional weight would bring the 1500 D to its knees. Although would it sound bad after the mounting of the additional weight. So I thought it over and had the “terrific” idea to compensate only the “missing” weight of the separated motor unit (5kg). But no one in the world wide web has done it before. Am I crazy? Or are the others not crazy enough?

12  14 Feb 2012  

page 1/3 rows 12/32 first page  previous page  goto page...  next page  last page 
(C) ACA - All Rights Reserved