Micro Seiki RX 1500 - RW-1500 Plinth Stabilizer

• Toptubes

Toptubes

ACA Member

The stabilizer looks very good... I hope you didn't have problems with the screws like I did...

25  30 Jul 2012  
  • Toptubes

Toptubes

ACA Member

And the sound??? how about the sound???

26  30 Jul 2012  
  • Lothar

Lothar

Registered

I don’t know how it sounds!

I dismounted the tone arm and the motor unit from my turntable. At the same time I detached my new spherical-wave-horns from my speakers to send them to the varnisher. The white color did not fit to our furniture.

No player, no speaker - no sound! So I have to exercise patience!

DIRE STRAITS !

27  31 Jul 2012  
  • Lothar

Lothar

Registered

Toptubes wrote:
    The stabilizer looks very good... I hope you didn't have problems with the screws like I did...

Fortunately the screws accurately fit.

28  31 Jul 2012  
  • Toptubes

Toptubes

ACA Member

Ok my friend when you get your system back together we are waiting for sound evaluation...

29  1 Aug 2012  
  • Lothar

Lothar

Registered

Hello ACA friends,

it took a long time, to finish the plinth-stabilizer-project, but it certainly pays off! The bass foundation is much more accurate and taut and the high frequencies sound more exact. So I’m very happy with my heavy turntable. Thank you for your support, Kyriakos!

The photo shows how I mounted the heavy iron plate without removing the platter. That was necessary, because after 30 years the platter was inseparable connected with its bearing and I didn’t want to use any “heavy tools” to remove it.

Furthermore I exchanged my old SME 3009 (improved) tone arm for a very nice SME 309 magnesium type. All together it pushed my system to different league.

More pictures can be found on my new homepage

Soon I will report about my special SME-mounting-modification.

Bye for now,
    Lothar.

30  27 Jan 2013  
  • Lothar

Lothar

Registered

Mounting the new SME 309.

31  27 Jan 2013  
  • afonso

afonso

Registered

Hi,

I also have a Micro Seiki RX 1500.

I also made the weight plint stabilizator upgrade and the four rigid feet upgrade also.

The sound has improved a lot. Much more detail and bass.

I recomend the upgrade...

32  24 Aug 2014  

page 3/3 rows 12/32 first page  previous page  goto page...  next page  last page 
(C) ACA - All Rights Reserved